When we ordinary followers of Christ see Church congregations struggle to grow, and we hear the voices of our leaders ignored or ridiculed in the the media, we despair for the unsaved. When we sense our own incapacity to make an effective stand against the decline of Christian values in our culture, we despair at our own impotence. As member of Christ’s body we would like to be able do something within our own limited capacity to give greater voice to the Gospel. If you would like to make your own modest contribution to support a grassroots movement to proclaim Christ, please read on.
“The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into his harvest.”
Jesus also said,
“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.”
This site pleads for your help through prayer to multiply the labourers and to open the way for all laypeople to take initiative and have real opportunity to serve the body of Christ.
We hope to provide you with brief prayer requests and to encourage your participation in the areas that interest you. There are 5 paths you could take:
- If you would like to understand why this call for prayer is so important please follow the IU2U (Its Up 2 Us) link below.
- For Christians within the Sydney Anglican community who would like to know about plans to engage and equip members of parish congregations, and to provide practical assistance to clergy, follow the LMI (Lay Ministry Initiative) link below.
- For Christians of generation-Y, living under the word of God, who want to collaborate with others to follow Christ by serving the body of Christ, follow the GYI (Gen-Y Initiative) link below.
- For Christians, living under the word of God, who are familiar with mobile social media and could be interested in the creation or use of an on-line meeting place for servants of Christ to collaborate in serving the body of Christ, follow the MCO (Ministry Collaboration Online) link below.
- When you’ve read through the paths that interest you – whether you’re a layperson wanting opportunity to put your talents to work in serving Christ – or clergy who has scope to equip and encourage – if you want to participate please follow the link to Friends of IU2U below to sign on.
We hope you will be encouraged to find that there are plans to make many options available for you to work with others to both give and receive support from the body of Christ, but only if YOU get behind it NOW!
Several years of research and discussion with more than 100 saints have provided this opportunity for you to decide whether these plans should go ahead or wither. It’s up to us!
Here are the links:
1. IU2U – It’s up to us (executive brief)
2. LMI – The Lay ministry Initiative (executive brief)
3. GYI – The Gen-Y Initiative (executive brief)
4. MCO – Ministry Collaboration Online (executive brief)
5. Friends of IU2U (newsletter)
You can also navigate from the menu bar above.